We love the idea of spreading some goodness in the world throughout the holiday season. With that thought in mind, here are five ideas for gifts that give back:
Five Gifts That Give Back
- Thrive Causemetics: Beauty is more than skin deep. It can truly change the world! For every product purchased, this makeup company donates to help a woman thrive. Your beauty buys can have a lasting impact on women fighting cancer, surviving domestic abuse, emerging from homelessness, adjusting to life after their military career, and more. Plus, all the items sold are vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas with carefully-controlled ingredients. With this makeup, users will look good and feel good.
- Bombas: Trust us when we say these socks will change your life. Even better? Every pair you purchase will change someone else’s life too: One Purchased = One Donated. In the homeless community, the demand for clothing is extremely high, which is the driving force behind this company’s mission.
- The Little Market: Gifting from this nonprofit, fair trade shop makes a positive impact across the globe. Since 2013, The Little Market (pictured above) has been committed to helping underserved communities protect their human rights and thrive. As of 2020, they generated more than one million hours of dignified work for artisans and producers around the world. From cozy blankets and bath goodies (all handmade by people overcoming adversity in the United States) to dinner ware and kitchen linens, the gift ideas are endless.
Gift Ideas That Benefit Children
- A Bear to Share Children’s Book: This precious book embodies the mission of Baby2Baby, an organization that provides basic necessities like diapers, clothing, and food to children living in poverty. Through the story of Tiana and her well-loved bear Bach, children learn the importance of giving back to those in need, no matter your age. The little ones in your life will ask to read it again and again!
- Park Projects: Park Projects is an amazing brand that builds partnerships with various organizations in order to fund projects that support America’s public lands. A personal favorite: the Take Me to The Parks Winter Woods Candle. It smells like the holidays and fills the room with fresh cut fir, cinnamon, and caramelized oak with a hint of sweet berry. Purchases support the National Park Foundation’s Open OutDoors for Kids program, which helps children enjoy, understand, and connect with nature in exciting and engaging ways.
12 Days of Giving Giveaway
As a way to show how thankful we are for all of YOU this holiday season, we’re thrilled to give away a Rainbow Gratitude Beaded Bracelet by Hart! To enter, participate in our 12 Days of Giving on Instagram @asilverliningllc. There are three ways to enter:
- like and share one of our posts
- tag @asilverliningllc in your photos of giving back to your community (use our 12 Days of Giving to inspire you!)
- donate using our button on Stories
We’ll announce the winner on Thanksgiving (November 25th). Happy holidays!
Are you shopping for gifts that give back this holiday season? We’d love to hear about them!